Teacher of Computer Science and ICT - Lewisham
Teacher of Computer Science and ICT - Lewisham
Teacher of Computer Science and ICT
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for an excellent Teacher of Computer Science and ICT to work within an Ofsted rated 'Good' 11 to 18 academy located near Lewisham. You will join their talented Computer Science and ICT department on a year-long temporary contract, beginning at Easter 2021.
The successful Teacher of Computer Science will be expected to deliver the subject to GCSE as the main responsibility of this role. Additionally, Key Stage 3 Computing/ICT and Key Stage 4 Cambridge National ICT courses will also need to be taught. The experience of teaching Level 3 BTEC ICT at Key Stage 5 would be helpful.
NQTs are welcome to apply, as are more experienced candidates.
This school offers a learning community that is positive, progressive, and ultimately focused on raising aspirations and releasing the potential of every young learner in their care. In 2019, 62% of students in year 11 achieved five or more GCSE 9-4 grades, including at least a 4 in English and a 4 in Mathematics. At A level in 2019, 97% of the grades were A*-E with 32% at A*-B and 63% at A*-C. High levels were also achieved in Level 3 BTEC qualifications.
We are looking for:
- A Teacher of Computer Science with the dedication to make a real contribution to the work of a caring and continually improving school.
- A motivated, talented, inventive teacher who is committed to raising attainment
- A teacher who strives for excellence and has a passion for student achievement
- A candidate with the desire to develop professional skills within a supportive learning community
What this school offers:
- An encouragement for innovative teaching
- An aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about their subjects and who seek to teach exciting lessons which engage learners
- An assessment model that encourages development rather than a strict approach to graded lessons
- CPD which ensures staff work together to improve their practice
- A high expectations culture which supports teachers in managing behaviour effectively through strong systems
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of Computer Science with QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Computer Science and ICT curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.