Teacher of Drama
Teacher of Drama
Are you a Teacher of Drama seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking for the opportunity to assist developing and building the Drama provision within a successful and supportive school? If so, please contact Tradewind Recruitment today.
This is a full-time, permanent post from April 2021 and applications are welcomed from both newly qualified applicants and experienced teachers.
Drama and the arts are of great importance within this school. There is considerable interest in the subject and numbers choosing to study Drama at GCSE and 6th Form are extremely healthy. KS3 Drama Club meets weekly to play and perform. Students are regularly entered in both local and national Drama festivals and competitions, in addition to putting on the whole school production at the end of every Autumn term and a Summer Showcase. A number of students have even been accepted to NYT and NMYT. For GCSE the AQA specification is followed over 3 years. A level Drama and Theatre are offered, as well as BTEC Performing Arts. Both subjects have two 3-hour sessions per week. Trips and workshops play a large part in the students' experience, making the most of the school's industry links.
The successful Teacher of Drama will be a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate with the ability to inspire students in a range of subject related disciplines. The post holder will have the opportunity to help in the growth and development of the subject. As a member of a growing department, it will be essential that the candidate is a good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach across these disciplines at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
The school is housed in a modern and newly equipped building, close to rail and road links. There is also some on-site parking.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Be a Teacher of Drama with excellent knowledge of the curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.