Teacher of History
Teacher of History
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a passionate and engaging Teacher of History looking for a position in Greenwich to start in April 2021? Are you a talented historian with the ability to bring History to life? Can you deliver engaging lessons that inspire young minds? If so, contact us today to apply.
A popular and successful 11-18 school in Greenwich with an excellent reputation, outstanding pastoral care and consistently above national average academic results is seeking a Teacher of History for their successful Humanities faculty. The school has seen its numbers rise over the last few years and is officially oversubscribed from next year.
There are around 900 students on roll. Due to the improvements instigated over the last two/three years and also to address the increased need for provision in the community, from September 2017, the school engaged in an expansion programme. This will take the school to 1100 students on entry and will increase the school in size to approximately 1375 (including sixth form).
This is an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of History with outstanding potential to join a successful department with committed teachers working as a close team. The appointed candidate is required to join the team from April 2021.
We are seeking to appoint:
- A Teacher of History with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting lessons
- A candidate with high expectations of themselves and their students
- A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising the attainment and progress of their students further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
- A person who is flexible / adaptable and can 'react' to ever changing day to day situations within a school environment
- A person who has boundless energy and enthusiasm
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of History with QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the History curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.