Teacher of Music
Teacher of Music
Permanent, Full time or part time - timetable can be flexible
Are you an experienced or newly qualified Teacher of Music looking for a new role at a fantastic school in Bexley? Tradewind Recruitment is working with a well-run community school who are looking to appoint a talented teacher to join their Performing Arts faculty at Easter.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this school, one of the most rapidly improving within the Bexley area. They are an 11-18 academy and part of a Trust which is recognised nationally for its innovative and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Music plays a vital role within this already creative faculty, with excellent facilities, including a fully equipped recording studio and performance space, learners are encouraged to study a variety of music and learn a wide range of musical instruments. Whether this be staging a performance, composing and recording songs or developing a passion for music.
As a Teacher of Music at this academy you will work with motivated and talented students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language. This academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work.
- They offer both GCSE and BTEC for Key Stage 4 students
- In Key Stage 5 students study the RSL vocational course
- A number of students leave us to study music as a higher education option
- A number of students perform locally at music venues and festivals
- They have excellent music technology facilities
- They run trips to musicals, classical venues and more
- They have an annual school musical with a large number of students from all year groups, Christmas concert and exam group concerts
Their NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development, provided through their excellent and varied Trust CPD programme.
The position is available for full-time or part-time staff, 4 or 5 days a week
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Music curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.