Teacher of Music - Lewisham
Teacher of Music - Lewisham
Teacher of Music
Permanent, Full time or part time - timetable can be flexible
Are you an experienced or newly qualified Teacher of Music looking for a new role at a fantastic school in Lewisham? Tradewind Recruitment is working with a well-run community school who are looking to appoint a talented teacher to join their Performing Arts faculty at Easter.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this school, one of the most rapidly improving within the Lewisham area. They are an 11-18 academy and part of a Trust which is recognised nationally for its innovative and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Music plays a vital role within this already creative faculty, with excellent facilities, including a fully equipped recording studio and performance space, learners are encouraged to study a variety of music and learn a wide range of musical instruments. Whether this be staging a performance, composing and recording songs or developing a passion for music.
As a Teacher of Music at this academy you will work with motivated and talented students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language. This academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work.
- They offer both GCSE and BTEC for Key Stage 4 students
- In Key Stage 5 students study the RSL vocational course
- A number of students leave us to study music as a higher education option
- A number of students perform locally at music venues and festivals
- They have excellent music technology facilities
- They run trips to musicals, classical venues and more
- They have an annual school musical with a large number of students from all year groups, Christmas concert and exam group concerts
Their NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development, provided through their excellent and varied Trust CPD programme.
The position is available for full-time or part-time staff, 4 or 5 days a week
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Music curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.