Teacher of Physics - Croydon
Teacher of Physics - Croydon
Teacher of Physics
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking a Physics teacher for a highly successful, partially selective, mixed school located near Croydon for September 2021.
We seek a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join a very successful and very well-resourced Science Department, as part of a team of 24 specialist science teachers and 6 support staff. Science is a very popular option at A level at the school with 26 sets in Year 12 and 13 covering all three science disciplines, including 7 Physics classes. Three quarters of GCSE students take triple sciences, with the remaining entering Combined Sciences. You will need to be able to teach students up to and including A level in Physics. This post provides an excellent opportunity for an NQT or experienced teacher wishing to develop their A-Level teaching.
In 2019, 95% of all students secured five or more A*-Cs at GCSE, and 86% of A level entries were graded A*- B. 77% of GCSE Triple science results were graded 9-8, with over 96% at 6 or above; 86% of A Level Science results were graded A*-B.
The school is situated on an attractive 33-acre site, has excellent facilities, and is committed to an extensive programme of staff development. Central London is easily reached by rail and the school is close to motorway links.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of Physics who holds QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Physics curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.