Teacher of Science
Teacher of Science
Tradewind Recruitment have an opening for a Teacher of Science at a highly successful, high performing 11-18 academy in the London Borough of Lewisham. The role is a year-long contract, covering a period of maternity and will commence at Easter.
The school was judged 'Outstanding' at its most recent Ofsted and their Progress 8 has consistently placed them in the top 15% of schools nationally.
The school located is in an impressive new building with fantastic facilities and is easily accessible via the A2 and a few minutes' walk from the train station for those wishing to commute via public transport.
We are looking for a talented Teacher of Science to join a successful team of specialist science staff in an exciting and vibrant department. The post would suit a Teacher of Science who is passionate about their subject and has a track-record of motivating students to question and inquire. A specialism in Chemistry or Physics would be preferred.
There are exceptional future-inspired science facilities on offer and the school embraces the use of technology and innovation - as a Teacher of Science, it's a great place to be. The school achieve outstanding results at GCSE, A Level and the IB Diploma across the science subjects, inspiring students to study of science at university and beyond.
What is on offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Be a Teacher of Science with excellent knowledge of the curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.