Teacher of Science, Newham
Teacher of Science, Newham
Start date: February 2019
Contract type: Maternity
Salary: Classroom Teachers pay scale
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
This client is a large, 11-16 comprehensive school based in Newham. They are a mixed school that was judged 'Good' by Ofsted in 2016 and has just celebrated its 6th consecutive year of record breaking exam results.
They are determined to build on our most recent Ofsted judgement and continue our journey to becoming 'Outstanding' in the next two years. Our motto is "always aiming for excellence'.
As part of our continued focus to further develop impact on student progress we are seeking to appoint a passionate Science Teacher to join our dedicated Science team.
1. Strategic direction, development and accountability for the curriculum area
* To follow school policies and procedures as laid down in the staff handbook by the Headteacher or his Deputies from time to time.
* To be a member of a duty team. To carry out supervision of students at break time, at the end of school and at the beginning of morning and afternoon school.
* To attend meetings on a regular cycle as agreed within the school calendar and to attend parents' evenings and other occasions as the Headteacher may reasonably require from time to time within 'directed time'.
* To uphold agreed standards of dress, behaviour and discipline around the school.
* To take part in the school's Appraisal programme and its support, supervision, monitoring and review procedures.
* To act as form tutor or co-tutor.
* To teach the tutor group the PSHE Scheme of Work and participate in reviewing and evaluating the scheme.
* To fulfil any other related teaching duties which the Headteacher may reasonably require from time to time.
2. Learning and Teaching
* To ensure high quality teaching and learning to raise students' attainment and wider achievement understood as the primary responsibility of all staff in the faculty.
* To teach Key Stage 3 and GCSE Science.
* To plan and implement effective lessons within an agreed departmental framework where learning objectives are made explicit to students.
* To ensure that high quality and effective homework is set regularly in line with the Department and School Homework Policy.
* To develop effective practice for marking and assessment, recording and reporting within an agreed department policy as part of a whole school approach to improve student progress.
* To develop effective teaching and learning resources which cater for the full ability range and share these with colleagues.
* To develop the active use of ICT within your Science teaching in line with Department and whole school approaches.
* To plan and implement specific curriculum initiatives and development as part of a team approach, within an equal opportunities framework after negotiation with the Heads of Department and Head of Faculty.
* To deliver positive behaviour management strategies in your classroom based on praise and reward, to promote learning and in accordance with the Faculty Policy.
* To develop Science contribution towards students' personal and social development as part of a whole school approach.
* To work in partnership with the Learning Support and EAL Department to support the needs of identified students to access the curriculum.
* To maintain a classroom environment offering a welcoming and supportive atmosphere to students including displays of students work as laid down in the school policy.
* To take responsibility for the deployment and security of resources for Science under the overall management of the Head of Faculty - Science.
* To promote Science as an extra-curricular activity, within the general life of the school.
* To ensure that all aspects of your Science teaching have due regard to and promote equal opportunities practice.
* To ensure that high standards of health and safety are maintained at all times within your teaching.
3. SCHOOL ETHOS
* Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and encourage and ensure staff and students follow this example
* To support the school in meeting its legal requirements for worship.
* Comply with the school's health and safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
* Work within the framework of the school ethos, adhering to the Code of Conduct for staff at all times.
* To maintain high standards of professional behaviour and presentation.
* Any other duties commensurate with the grade which may be required from time to time.
* All staff are expected to take part in necessary training and staff development.
* To contribute to the broader life of the school, including through active involvement in enrichment activities and supporting the House system.
* To undertake any other duty as specified by STPCB not mentioned in the above.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested please or to find out about other leadership teaching opportunities contact Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org, Business Manager, directly for further information.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 2nd year running!
£60.00 - £75.00 per day + Free 25 accredited CPD courses
£150 - £210 per day + negotiable
£18.00 - £25.00 per hour + Free 25 accredited CPD courses
£100 - £150 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £28000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£23720 - £40520 per annum + Pay to Scale (inc Fringe & TLR Available)
£29664 - £48244 per annum
£23720 - £39406 per annum + Pay to Scale (TLR Available)
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.