Teaching Assistant - Early Years
Teaching Assistant - Early Years
About the school
We are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant on behalf of a smaller than average, one form entry primary school. This school has a caring, Christian community firmly founded on Christian values. They seek to provide a caring family ethos in which their learners will be loved and nurtured in such a way as they in turn develop a respect and tolerance for all, irrespective of gender, creed, race or disability.
Pupils behaviour is outstanding and their excellent attitudes contribute greatly to their good progress. Staff morale is high and the vast majority of staff, pupils and parents and very satisfied with their school.
The school is based in Higher Broughton, Salford and is accessible via car or bus.
About the role
This primary school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work within their Reception class. The successful candidate must have previous experience of working within an EYFS environment. Previous experience of Read, Write Inc is preferable but not essential as training can be provided.
The role itself will involve supporting with all aspects of the teaching of the schools Reception class. This will include taking groups and children 1:1 for Guided Reading and Phonics sessions using Read, Write, Inc. You will also be supporting throughout lessons with both focus and play based learning activities. The school are looking for somebody who has the ability to be innovative and engaging, ensuring that the children have fun whilst making progress.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent Qualification
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this position, please call Sam Waterhouse at the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.