Teaching Assistant - Long Term role commencing in April - Outstanding Ofsted Secondary School located in Barnet, North London - £70 - £80 per day - Full Time, Long Term position - Ideal role for recent Graduates wanting to gain experience in education!
Are you a recent Graduate who is considering a career in teaching? Are you keen to build upon you prior experience working with young people within a classroom based environment? Are you passionate about education and are eager to help young people transition back to classroom learning after a tumultuous year? If this sounds like you, then this could be the position you have been searching for!
Tradewind Recruitment are working with an Ofsted Outstanding mainstream Secondary School in Barnet who are seeking a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join their inclusion team in Term 3 (April 2021). This is a full time, long term position that will run until the end of the academic year in the first instance, that will pay £70 - £80 per day based on prior experience.
***Teaching Assistant - Barnet, North London - £70 - £80 per day based on experience
***Full Time, Long Term opportunity commencing in Term 3
***Must hold a recent degree with 2:1 minimum - English, Science or Maths Graduates favourable
***Lovely School to work in with respectful students and supportive parents
The School - Teaching Assistant- Barnet, North London:
· Centrally located in Barnet, North London this a co-educational, inclusive and progressive Catholic Secondary School
· This school has a long tradition of providing outstanding education and their academic results bear testament to their continuing commitment to excellence.
· When Ofsted inspected last in March 2017, inspectors commented on their pupils' "excellent attitudes to learning" and "excellent progress". The inspection team also praised the school's "nurturing and supportive learning community".
· This school seeks to educate their young people in the fullest sense of the word, to enable them to take their place in society as compassionate, caring, curious individuals who use their gifts and talents for the common good. They insist on the highest standards of behaviour, uniform, attitude to learning, and respect for one another and the school environment.
· In addition to their academic curriculum, this school offers opportunities to engage in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, ensuring that their students develop the leadership skills and characteristics that will help them in a fast-changing world.
The Role - Teaching Assistant- Barnet, North London:
· As a Teaching Assistant at this school, you will supporting students in Key Stages 3 and 4
· These students will either have a very mild form of Special Educational Needs (such as dyslexia, ADHD, ASD, or SEMH) or be facing other barriers to their learning
· Working as part of a team, you will encourage, motivate, support and engage these students in their learning within their classes and also outside of the classroom in individual or small group interventions
· This role would particularly suit a recent graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in teaching. Prior experience as a tutor, youth mentor or youth volunteer would be beneficial but not essential.
· The successful candidate will be confident, personable and engaging. They will have a strong work ethic, be a team player and be passionate about education and helping to improve the lives of young people.
How to apply - Teaching Assistant- Barnet, North London:
If you would like extra information on this school and Teaching Assistant role then we would ask you to contact Caitlin at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 opt 2 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please email your CV to Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com for an immediate call back
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.