We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team at a Mainstream Secondary School in Bexley. The role is available immediately and will be full-time and long-term, running until the end of the academic year. The successful candidate will have previous child-based experience and will hold a valid DBS on the update service.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with teachers to support students in their learning and development. You will be responsible for delivering targeted interventions and supporting individual students with their learning needs. You will also assist with classroom management, behaviour management and helping students with additional needs.
- Previous experience working with children, ideally in a classroom setting.
- A valid DBS check on the update service.
- A good understanding of the National Curriculum and strategies to support students' learning.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and staff.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Willingness to undertake further training and professional development.
- Supporting the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum and the management of the classroom.
- Working with individual students or small groups to provide targeted interventions to improve their learning.
- Assisting students with additional needs and supporting the teacher with behaviour management strategies.
- Encouraging and motivating students to achieve their full potential.
- Liaising with parents, carers, and external agencies as required.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of extra-curricular activities.
We offer a range of pay from £80.00 to £100.00 per day (dependent on experience), and this role is perfect for graduates who are keen to explore a career in education. If you are passionate about helping young people to achieve their full potential, we would love to hear from you.
Tradewind is renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking and social events.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this position as Teaching Assistant in Southwark, or for more information about the role, contact Freddie Sandford on 020 7845 5450 (option 2) or email email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.