Tradewind Preston is working in partnership with a 'Good' Alternative provision on the outskirts of Blackburn to recruit 3 experienced Teaching Assistant.
The Alternative Provision is looking for 3 teaching assistants one for Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. You will be working as a class teaching assistant and may be required to do some intervention group or 1-2-1 work with the pupils. These roles are to start immediately working on a long term basis, these roles are subject to additional funding for three individuals within school the end date will be ongoing.
The most recent OFSTED graded the school as 'Good'. At the Alternative Provision they aim to ensure that they give them the necessary support to improve their confidence, self-esteem and enable them to become successful learners in school and prepared for their future working lives.
The ideal candidates for this role will have Team Teaching Training and a minimum of 6 months experience working in an Alternative Provision environment or have worked extensively with learners with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs). (If your team teach has expired during a lockdown period please still apply)
After visiting the school, I was really impressed with behaviour and the state of the art facilities. This school also encourages and healthy and active approach to everyday school life. The school has a welcoming team of staff and a strong and well-structured SLT.
The school is located on the outskirts of Blackburn which is accessible by car with close links from M65 with a large free car parking and easily accessible via public transport
We are looking for:
* Excellent communication and behaviour management techniques
* Teaching Assistant Level or Degree Qualified
* Confidence in dealing with challenging behaviour
* Experience with supporting challenging behaviour
* Be able to confidently work as part of the team and independently
* Team Teach Trained
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The Alternative Provision offers fantastic facilities for their students and staff. Staff are made to feel valued and part of the team. There may be the opportunity to study towards further qualifications and training.
The school is based on the outskirts Blackburn extremely close to motorway links. Alternatively, if you are travelling by public transport, there is a bus stop in walking distance.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Team Teach Teaching Assistant or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977 333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + +Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +Over 35 Accredited CPD Courses
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +Over 30 Accredited CPD courses
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.