Have you recently graduated university and are now considering a career in education? Are you seeking a fast paced, yet supportive environment in which to gain valuable, classroom experience and develop teaching and support skills? If so, this Graduate Teaching Assistant opportunity in Brent could be exactly what you have been looking for!
Tradewind Recruitment is working with a diverse, inclusive Mainstream Secondary School in Brent who are seeking a confident, engaging Graduate to join their team as a Teaching Assistant from September 2021. This full time, long term position will run for the entirety of the academic year and pays between £70 - £80 per day based on experience. No prior education experience is required for this role.
*** Graduate Teaching Assistant required - Mainstream Secondary School in Brent
*** Ideal for recent graduates exploring a career in education
*** Fast paced, supportive School environment
*** No prior education experience required
** Fantastic opportunity to gain experience before applying for teacher training
This is an inclusive, diverse, and incredibly supportive school led by passionate, experienced Senior Leadership Team. Centrally located in the London Borough of Brent, this school is easily accessed from most areas of London and the Home Counties.
About the role - Graduate Teaching Assistant - Brent:
In this incredibly gratifying position, you will support learning through the delivery of specific learning and structured academic intervention programmes to small groups of students. You will also provide support withing the classroom, working alongside class teachers; using lessons planned by a teacher or supervise work set by a teacher. This is a fantastic opportunity to be instrumental in this school's mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a well-rounded education!
Other main responsibilities will include:
- Support pupil learning through the delivery of specific learning and academic programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives
- Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively
- Mentor students on a 1:1 and group basis, as well as planning and leading a series of booster and intervention sessions
About the candidate - Graduate Teaching Assistant - Brent:
- The successful candidate will be a confident, resilient, and passionate about providing an equal education to all students.
- You will hold a recent undergraduate or postgraduate degree and be interested in pursuing a long term career in education.
- Graduates from Maths, Science or English disciplines are highly regarded; however, all recent graduates are welcome to apply for this exciting opportunity!
- No prior education experience is required, however applicants with mentoring, tuition or other education experience will be looked upon favourable
- This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a graduate who aspires to train as a teacher in the future and who is seeking a supportive environment in which to kick start their career in education!
How to Apply - Graduate Teaching Assistant - Brent:
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as a Graduate Teaching in Brent. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.