Join Our Team as a Teaching Assistant!
Are you passionate about supporting students with diverse needs in their educational journey? Do you thrive in a dynamic and inclusive environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a dedicated Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join our vibrant team at a Mainstream Secondary School in Croydon.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Contract Type: Full-time, Long-term
- Duration: Until the end of the academic year
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in empowering students with learning, physical, medical, emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting students to access the curriculum, make progress, and develop appropriate classroom behaviour.
- Providing individualised assistance and guidance to students, fostering their academic, social, and emotional development.
- Collaborating closely with teachers and the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) to create an inclusive and nurturing learning environment.
- Adapting teaching materials and resources to cater to diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Supporting teachers in facilitating and encouraging student learning, aiming for high standards and fostering independent learning skills.
- Monitoring and recording student progress, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing effective strategies to address individual needs.
- Actively promoting and contributing to the school's ethos and values, fostering a positive and inclusive school community.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following:
- Previous experience working with students with special educational needs (SEN).
- A valid and up-to-date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate registered on the update service.
- A genuine passion for supporting students with diverse needs and a commitment to their overall well-being and development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A proactive and positive attitude, with the ability to motivate and inspire students.
- Knowledge of various learning strategies and approaches to cater to different learning needs.
The salary for this position ranges from £80.00 to £100.00 per day, depending on experience and qualifications.
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with special needs, apply now to become our Special Needs Teaching Assistant. Join our supportive team and contribute to creating an inclusive and enriching educational environment. We look forward to receiving your application!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.