Job Title: Teaching Assistant - Primary School
Salary: £80-£100 based on experience
Contract Type: Full-time, either Casual or Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
About Us: We are an exceptional Mainstream Primary school located in the area of Harlow. Our school provides Primary education for students with a range of special educational needs. Situated on a brand new site, we offer a unique opportunity for our students to engage in pre-organised projects and special events. We are committed to providing a bespoke learning package that nurtures our students in a safe, calm, and engaging environment.
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Teaching Assistant to join our passionate team. As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the teaching and learning process for our students with special educational needs. You will work closely with teachers, therapists, and other support staff to create an inclusive and enriching educational experience.
- Support the teacher in delivering tailored lessons and activities to meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups with students to provide additional assistance and support.
- Foster a safe, calm, and engaging learning environment that promotes independent learning and positive behaviour.
- Collaborate with the teaching team to develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students.
- Assist in the assessment of student progress and maintain accurate records.
- Support students with their personal care needs, ensuring their physical well-being and promoting their independence.
- Utilize appropriate strategies and resources to effectively manage challenging behaviour and promote positive social interactions.
- Facilitate the integration of our students with their mainstream peers for pre-organised projects and special events.
- Maintain effective communication with parents, guardians, and external professionals, providing regular updates on student progress.
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge in working with students with special educational needs.
- Experience working with children or young people with special educational needs, preferably within a school setting.
- A compassionate and patient approach to supporting students with diverse needs and abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work across different age groups and educational settings.
- Resilience and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- A commitment to promoting inclusion and ensuring equal opportunities for all students.
- Basic knowledge of relevant strategies and approaches used in special education.
- A willingness to learn and participate in ongoing professional development.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold previous experience working within SEND
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible
- Legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind are renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking & social events.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position or for more information about the role.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.