The PRU specialises in working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream settings. The school has small class sizes of between 4 and 6 pupils and are looking for an SEMH specialist to work with KS3 and KS4 pupils with an aim of getting them back into a mainstream setting as they progress into secondary education.
- Must have previous PRU experience
- Team Teach or positive restraint training is preferred but not essential
- You will work closely with experienced SEMH teachers providing 1:1 and small group support in a challenging behaviour environment.
- A therapeutic or counselling background would be useful.
The school is easily accessible by bus and tube and has parking on site.
The school is part of a group of 3 schools and as such all staff benefit from the shared learning and training throughout all sites to enable you to become an excellent SEMH practitioner
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teaching Assistant - PRU role you will need to:
· This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
· Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
· You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as PRU Teaching Assistant in Harrow, Greater London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alex Holt on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.