English Teaching Assistant
Are you a recent English Graduate considering a career in Teaching? Are you passionate about both English and Education, and are seeking an opportunity to combine these two passions? If so, this English Teaching Assistant opportunity could be the role you have been looking for!
Tradewind Recruitment is working with a busy, progressive Secondary School in Hillingdon who are seeking an English Graduate to join their Teaching Assistant team on a full time, long term basis as soon as possible. This role will run until the end of the academic year in the first instance.
As an English Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting and facilitating successful student learning in classes across the curriculum in Key Stages 3 and 4, with a strong focus on English subjects and literacy across all subjects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting student learning within the classroom through differentiation and strategic, encouraging support
- Providing specialised support within your specialised subject area in individual planned interventions
- Delivering targeted interventions to individual or small groups of students outside of the classroom
- Plan and deliver differentiated lessons and tasks for pupils with mild Special Educational Needs
- Providing guidance, educational, social and emotional support
- Reporting on student progress to teachers and parents/carers
The ideal candidate will be a recent English Graduate with aspirations to pursue a career in teaching. Prior experience working or volunteering with children in any way will be beneficial but not essential. The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident, proactive and engaging individual who is able to build strong relationships with students and colleagues
- Hold a recent English Bachelors Degree
- Be able to work well both within a team and independently
- Have exceptional communication, literacy and numeracy skills
Serviced by the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines as well as local buses, this school is easily accessible from all areas of North, West and Central London as well as bordering Home Counties. Parking is also available for those who drive.
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as an English Graduate Teaching Assistant in Hillingdon. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.