Teaching Assistants support students according to their Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP), with specialist support from classroom teachers and on-site therapists. Knowledge or experience in supporting pupils with physical disabilities (PD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties PMLD) is beneficial but not essential.
Catering to 50 pupils, classes are small, and support is provided to meet each student's personal and social needs. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships with pupils, promoting a positive learning environment for pupils develop their independence.
Although SEN experience is helpful, it is not a requirement for this position. More important than experience is the ability to provide inclusive support and being a team player. Being creative, proactive and having a caring attitude will be the key to success in this role.
The Teaching Assistant would:
* Support students according to their EHCP
* Differentiate lessons according to the child's interests and preferred methods of learning
* Engage and involve children in active learning situations
* Establish routines and communication strategies which enable pupils to feel secure, informed and safe in their learning environment
* Support students to overcome barriers to learning and apply their skills in different contexts
* Encourage creativity and curiosity in learning
* Work alongside a class teacher and multi-disciplinary team of therapy specialists
* Receive opportunities for SEN specific training and development
The school has:
* Been OFSTED rated Outstanding
* An onsite hydrotherapy pool equipped with atmosphere changing multi-sensory equipment
* Art, Music and Dance specialists facilitating an inclusive Creative Arts programme
* Multi-sensory room, specialised outdoor play areas
* Pupils requiring support with ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder, MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment, PD - Physical Disability, SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty and PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
* A broad and balanced curriculum relating to P Levels, leading to the National Curriculum
* Outreach and inclusion strategies
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
* Hold an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as an SEN Teaching Assistant in Islington, London or for more information about the role, contact Alex Holt on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.