Do you have experience supporting children with additional needs?
If so then, Tradewind need you!
This is a vacancy for a 1:1 SEMH Teaching Assistant or Lv2/3 Teaching Assistant at a secondary school in Oldham. Easily accessible from Oldham, north & east Manchester, Tameside and Middleton.
Starting ASAP on a full time basis (Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm). Pay up to £95/day.
- 1:1 SEMH Teaching Assistant at secondary school in Oldham.
- You will be supporting a pupils in various years with Social & Emotional needs, SEMH, or SEN on a 1:1 basis.
- Providing whole group support as well as 1:1 intervention when needed.
- Working closely the other SEN Teaching Assistant staff as well as the class teacher, management, parents and outside professionals.
- It will be your role to manage emotions & behaviours, recognise triggers & help young people to self-regulate so that they can focus on learning.
- Access to ongoing training.
- Could turn permanent for the right person.
- Secondary school for young people aged 11-16 with mixed ability and a wide range of SEN needs.
- Small groups of no more than 8 pupils per group.
- Strong team atmosphere so the new Teaching Assistant will need to be a team player.
- Focus on de-escalation, prevention & positive reinforcement rather than reactions and reprimands.
- Easily accessible school by bus, tram or train.
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teaching Assistant or Teaching Assistant role in Oldham, you will need to:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one).
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable)
- Min. of 2 professional references.
- Provide a CV with a full history from your education until present.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Some experience supporting children between the ages of 11-16.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in the Oldham area and register with Tradewind please call Alex in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.