Tradewind are recruiting!
Are you a Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge in an Alternative Provision in Leigh?
Tradewind are currently working in a partnership with an Alternative Provision Unit in the Leigh area to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant with strong behaviour management to start with them on a full-time basis as soon as possible - July 2022 5 days a week.
This Alternative Provision unit caters for Primary and Secondary aged students. You shall be required to work closely with students across Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 4 in small groups to enhance their learning and academic development. The students you will be supporting may have behaviour difficulties or have been permanently excluded from mainstream school and pupils who cannot attend mainstream school due to medical reasons.
We are looking for:
- An experienced Teaching Assistant with a Level 3 qualification (NVQ or equivalent) in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
- Recent experience in a similar setting.
- Dedication to making a positive impact with all students.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with pupils that have EHC Plans and Social and Emotional Behaviour Difficulties.
- MAPA Trained desirable
As per Department for Education (DfE) guidelines you will need to be able to provide full identification copies and reference details from the relevant experience you have previously gained in this or a similar setting.
This Alternative Provision Unit is based in Leigh and is close to motorway links, additionally if you are traveling by public transport there is a bus stop outside the school.
- Level 3 qualification (NVQ or equivalent) in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviours.
- Good use of de-escalation strategies (you will be asked for an example at interview)
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Leigh or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977 333 or email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £75.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£70 - £75 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.