Join Our Team as a Teaching Assistant!
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners? Do you have a desire to explore a rewarding career in education? We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our team at a mainstream secondary school in Lewisham.
Position: Teaching Assistant
Location: Lewisham, London
Start Date: Immediate
Contract: Full-time, long-term (until the end of the academic year)
- Competitive pay ranging from £80.00 to £100.00 per day (dependent on experience)
- Valuable experience working in a mainstream secondary school environment
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Supportive and collaborative team
Responsibilities: As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the teaching and learning activities within the classroom. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the classroom teacher with lesson preparation and planning
- Providing one-on-one or small group support to students
- Monitoring student progress and providing feedback
- Managing behaviour and promoting a positive learning environment
- Collaborating with the teacher to develop and adapt learning materials
- Supporting students with special educational needs or disabilities
- Participating in extracurricular activities and school events
- Previous child-based experience is essential
- A valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate on the update service
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in education and child development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Resilience and adaptability in a fast-paced school environment
- Flexibility to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A degree or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
How to Apply: If you are a graduate seeking to kickstart your career in education and meet the requirements mentioned above, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to the email address provided below.
Join our dedicated team and make a difference in the lives of students in a vibrant mainstream secondary school setting. Take the first step towards a rewarding career in education by applying for the Teaching Assistant role today!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.