At Tradewind Recruitment we work with lots of schools throughout the UK, and we place new candidates into their dream role every single day.
Secondary Teaching Assistant -
Paying up to £95 a day depending on experience
I am currently recruiting for a dedicated and reliable teaching assistant for a secondary academy in Middleton.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has a passion for actively contributing to society, helping to develop tomorrow's adults and supporting them to become confident, respectful, independent and resilient learners who achieve their potential at a secondary school in Middleton.
This role will suit someone seeking to develop their experience in working with young people and develop an understanding of how to support their learning. It may also suit recent graduates interested in a future career in education or related field, who are keen to learn more about students' complex and additional needs and the best ways to overcome them.
This is a full-time temporary teaching assistant role from as soon as possible with a view becoming a permanent contract.
This role would be suitable for an experienced teaching assistant or a recent graduate of sports science, psychology or English or maths who has ambitions to go into secondary teaching.
Teaching Assistant supporting teaching and learning in a secondary school.
Five days a week
The role will vary depending on the needs of individual students but will likely include -
- Supporting teenagers with additional needs such as autism or Asperger's or ASD
- Supporting teenagers with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Supporting teenagers with mental health needs and anxiety
- Experience of working with teenagers in a youth work setting or as part of extracurricular activities such as sports clubs or religious groups would be beneficial.
- A degree in English, Mathematics, Science or Physical Education is desirable but not strictly necessary.
Secondary Academy in Middleton.
Improving school - working to regain its previous Good Ofsted status
Part of a large academy trust working to ensure outstanding achievement and wellbeing of all stakeholders including students and staff.
The school welcomes applicants with a background in football coaching due to its strong links with a premiership football club.
Excellent facilities for teaching and learning.
Easily accessible by car and public transport links.
We welcome applications from graduates with experience of:
- Working in schools or colleges
- Sports coaching
- Youth work
- Drama Workshop / drama school/ theatre in education
- Art workshop
- Teaching children or leading children's clubs in community groups or places of worship
- Breakfast clubs/ After school club
- Summer Camps/ PGL
- Outdoor activities instructor / Duke of Edinburgh/ orienteering with young people
To join us and be successful in this secondary teaching assistant role, you will need to:
- a minimum of six week's experience of working with teenagers aged 11-16 in the last 3 years supported by references
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
- Provide a CV with 10 years of employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Bachelor's degree or teaching assistant qualifications
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 50 to be exact! With new courses added every term!
A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
Our payroll team are onsite in London. Not offshore, not through a third party. We don't leave candidate service or pay to chance.
Holiday pay - You choose if you want to be paid inclusive of holiday pay or bank this to claim in the school holidays.
Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this Secondary Teaching Assistant position, or to hear more about other roles for this academic year call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Alex.Thomas@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.