The salary for this role will be £75-80 per day, depending on experience and the role starts after October half term.
This school has a good reputation locally and they have children from a broad range of backgrounds.
The school has a resource base for children with special needs(Autism) and children spend time working here with a small team.
The role will involve you working as part of a small, specialised team to work with students with Autism (ASC) as a special needs teaching assistant. There are around 10 children in the team, with various levels of Autism, with some children being non-verbal and some with some language skills which are developing. All the staff are very supportive and work cohesively as a team to enable all the children to progress and develop as best as possible.
This is a specialised role and the school is seeking a candidate who has experience working with children with ASC, ideally in a school. You should be able to offer strategies to help children to develop their language skills and having experience of using PECS and Makaton is desired but not essential.
This will be a very rewarding role, with some challenges along the way and you will need to be reliable, a team player, have good initiative and excellent communication skills.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant Position - Twickenham, Richmond you must;
* Have previous experience working in a primary school setting.
* Be a team player - this role requires someone who works well with teachers, pupils and parents
* Demonstrate commitment, dedication and resilience in your previous childcare work
* have an ability to manage sometimes challenging behaviour
The school benefits
* The potential to eventually undertake your teacher training in partnership with the school
* Career progression for the right candidate
* A vibrant and creative area of London
* In house school CPD training
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Y2 Teaching Assistant Role- Surbiton, Kingston you will need to:
* Have some experience supporting children with autism
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
*Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
*You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this position as a SEN Teaching Assistant - Twickenham, Richmond or for more information about the role, contact Adam Bamford on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.