Join our inclusive community at Tradewind!
We are currently in search of a Teaching Assistant for an outstanding high school in the Salford area for young people aged 9-19 with moderate special needs such as sensory, communication, learning or social & emotional difficulties.
Are you passionate about making a meaningful impact on the lives of students facing additional obstacles to learning?
Our client, an additional needs high school in Salford, catering to students aged 9-19 with moderate learning needs, is rated outstanding by Ofsted and receives exceptional feedback from perm staff, parents and supply staff therefore we are seeking a dedicated Teaching Assistant to join their team, starting ASAP on a full-time and long-term basis.
Role: Teaching Assistant at a additional needs high school in Salford for students with moderate learning needs.
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Maternity cover. Could go temp to perm for the right person.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:15 am to 3:15 pm.
Pay: Up to £90/day.
- Provide small group and 1:1 support to students aged 9-19 with moderate learning needs encompassing emotional, sensory and speech & language difficulties.
- Assist in implementing personalised learning plans tailored to individual students' requirements.
- Foster a positive, safe, and inclusive classroom environment, promoting students' engagement and emotional well-being.
- Collaborate closely with teachers, parents, and external professionals to develop effective strategies and interventions.
- Previous experience supporting children or young adults with special needs is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Resilience, patience, and a compassionate approach to supporting vulnerable learners.
- Candidates with a background as a Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, Special Needs Teaching Assistant, Learning Mentor, Secondary Teaching Assistant, Youth Worker or Youth Mentor will be considered if they have a DBS on the Update Service and professional references from the UK demonstrating experience with children.
Why choose us?
- Your income matters; we prioritise getting you the highest rate of pay and offer the best advice.
- Your development matters; our people have FREE access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars, and resources through our partnership with the National College education training provider.
- Your flexibility matters; we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts, and permanent positions available locally.
- Your wellbeing matters; we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running.
- We pride ourselves on exceptional service to our candidates and are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply:
Take the first step toward improving the quality of life and life chances of young people in Salford through this Teaching Assistant role by submitting your CV to email@example.com, clicking APPLY above, or calling Graham on 0161 674 0138.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to be an advocate for students' well-being and growth! Apply now and join our dedicated team at the forefront of educational excellence.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.