Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a Sports coach with experience and confidence of supporting students with behavioural issues?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a sports coach to work at a special needs school in Trowbridge and to support their students with special needs. The role is part-time and based on supply to start with and will start immediately. This established SEN school requires the right candidate to support their learners with special needs and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive behaviour management, and by creating engaging learning atmosphere and use their skills in Sports and Sporting activities to build rapport. This is a long-term role of one academic year for the right candidates with the potential of becoming permanent in the future. The role is only to work as a teaching assistant and will not always/at all require sports coaching activities.
School is within easy reach of public transport around Trowbridge and Bath.
- A strong understanding of students with BESD
- Experience of working with Secondary aged students
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries. (Positive behaviour management training is highly desirable)
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals.
- Ability to keep records on learning and emotional needs and changes
- Have experience of using sports and PE activities to build rapport and maintain positive engagement
In return, you will have the advantage of working for a reputable mid-sized school where there is lots of support from the SLT and very experienced learning support and SEN team.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about supporting BESD students with behavioural challenges and reporting on behavioural changes as well as learning.
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
Have experience and confidence of working with young people with behavioural and social and emotional difficulties and the ability to support PE lessons as well as other subjects.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Bristol office on 01173017578, or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are still working our usual working hours and happy to chat to you about this role and others and help you find additional work once schools re-open.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.