Are you an open-minded Teaching Assistant interested in working with children and young people with behavioural difficulties in the Wigan Area?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a Behaviour Teaching Assistant for a Alternative Provision school in Wigan. The role is full time, Monday to Friday, and will start from November 2020 on a long-term basis, until July 2021 and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school caters for student across primary, secondary age range with a range of behavioural and Special Educational Needs including SEMH, ADHD, ASD autism, Asperger's and other learning difficulties. This role will predominately be working on a 1:1 basis with a boy in year 7 with ASD and ODD, strong behaviour and classroom management is required. For this role you will be working in a class of six children however due to the needs of the student you may be based outside of class for some lessons working 1:1. Team teach is desired but not essential.
Students are taught the National Curriculum and the Teaching Assistants in the school help the students access and engage in lessons as appropriate to their age and ability in small classes. The successful teaching assistant will be moving from class to class to provide support to a variety of ages and abilities. The main responsibility of this highly rewarding role is to support the class teacher in all lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils, assisting in the organisation of class activities, helping to manage class or individual behaviour and performing 1:1 and group work with students to keep them engaged and making progress. Students are able to access GCSEs, A Levels BTECs, NVQs, ASDAN and functional skills depending on their ability level.
This school has onsite staff parking and is accessible via public transport via bus and train being within walking distance to public transport links
* Experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour and or SEMH, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, ADHD, ASD autism and other learning difficulties.
* Previous Teaching assistant, pupil support worker or support work within a school or other child related experience with primary, secondary aged learners
* Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
* A caring and professional manner.
* Team Teach training is desired but not essential
* Must have legal right to work in the UK.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable and professional reference checks.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history, where possible, and any employment breaks must be explained.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as behaviour Teaching Assistant in the Wigan area or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977 333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +over 30 accredited CDP courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + 35+ Accredited CPD courses
Leigh, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.