Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for enthusiastic Teaching Assistant, to work in one of our partnership Secondary SEMH School in Wigan. The role is full time Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 3.30 pm working on a 1-2-1 basis with a pupil in Year 9 pupil with ASC. You will be required from 19th April 2021 - July 2021 with the possibility to be extended for the full academic year 2021-2022 and until the pupil finishes in Year 11.
The Secondary SEMH School caters for pupils from 11 - 16 years old with and Ofsted rating "Good". The School require a Support Worker who has worked with Mental Health within Secondary aged children.
As a Support Worker the ability to engage and build rapport using your understanding of Mental Health and support background is essential. As a person-centred Support Worker, you will be a dynamic, forward thinking and pro-active team player, with passion and commitment to holistically supporting the vulnerable a pupil in Year 9. Team Teach/ MAPA is desirable not essential as training can be provided.
If you have worked or studied Mental Health and are interested in working in new settings such as this Good SEMH Secondary School based in Wigan.
In these Support Worker roles, your primary areas of responsibility will be to:
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes to learning and behaving through well-planned support.
- Have a creative and innovative approach to understand and supporting to re-engage disaffected learners in education and overcome barriers to learning.
- Support on a 1-2-1
- Monitor pupil learning, social, emotional and behavioural progress against targets and report to the teachers of any changes.
- Be aware of Safeguarding and Behaviour policies of the settings you work in and adhere to the policies at all times.
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have experience in health and social care would be an advantage but not essential.
- Have knowledge and experience working with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH); although not essential.
- Worked with children from the age 11 - 16
- Team Teach (desirable not essential as training can be provided)
The school is easily accessible with close links to the motorway and a large free car park. The school is close to public transport links with bus stop 5 minutes' walk from the school.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Wigan or for more information about the role, contact Christina on 01772 977 333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£64.94 - £75.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£70 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.