Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an organised Teaching Assistant looking for your next role in Wigan?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a hardworking and experienced Teaching Assistant to work in a SEMH Primary School in Wigan. The role is for a full academic year starting as soon as possible until July 2021 with the potential of going permanent.
We are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a SEMH Primary school within Wigan. The SEMH Primary School in Wigan provides education for 5 - 11 year olds, they aim to provide the highest standards of teaching and learning so that all children can achieve their academic potential. Within your role will be working with a Year 5 class, Team Teach training is desirable not essential as training can be provided.
They ensure that they foster and develop the social and emotional well-being of their children as well as concentrating on developing the potential of their staff. Pay starts from £65 per day dependent on experience up to £80 per day. The school also has a large onsite staff parking with close links to the motorway and a bus stop located outside the school.
The school has students with a wide range of with challenging behaviour and Social and Emotional behavioural difficulties and ASD. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting within class half the week then supporting the year 5 class. This school also encourages and healthy and active approach to everyday school life.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed Support Team and SLT. Plus, the successful Teaching Assistant you will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff. You also are offered a lunch within school with no cost.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviours
- Full commitment to the young person
- Calm in a crisis
- Good use of de-escalation strategies (you will be asked for an example at interview)
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- Experience working within Youth Centres
- Experience working with venerable young people
- Familiar with overly sexualised behaviours
- School based experience
- Team Teach Trained (desirable not essential as training can be provided)
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Wigan or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977 333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.