Teaching Assistant - Science
Teaching Assistant - Science
Are you passionate about supporting young people with additional learning needs?
Do you have a strong background in Science?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Secondary Science Teaching Assistant for a special needs high school in Salford.
To join us and be successful in this Salford based Secondary Science Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- A background in Science such as a A Levels, degree or professional experience.
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one).
- Overseas police clearances (if applicable).
- 2 professional references.
- CV with a full education & work history.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Secondary Teaching Assistant for Science department at special needs high school in Salford.
- Starting ASAP or September 2023, full time, 8:30am - 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Could turn permanent eventually for the right person.
- Pay up to £90/day.
- You will need to be hard working, resilient, adaptable, a team worker and able to persevere over the long term with your pupils.
- You will need to provide 1:1 emotional and pastoral interventions as well as academic support in Maths.
- You will need to liaise with other staff, outside agencies, school management and parents to provide holistic support for your young people.
- The school caters for young people aged 11-19 with Autism, SEMH, MLD, Complex Needs etc.
- Easily accessible by metro, bus, train or car!
- Great support from teammates and management,
- Access to plenty of ongoing CPD to enhance and improve your skills.
- School is part of a trust with other schools that share best practice.
- Strong links with other schools and outside agencies.
To apply for this Salford based SEND & Secondary Science Teaching Assistant role & register with Tradewind please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- FREE access to over 2,500 CPD courses as a result of our exclusive partnership with The National College.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.