Teaching Assistant - SEN
Teaching Assistant - SEN
The school caters for students aged 2-11 with an ECHP for PMLD, Autism and complex needs. They have a strong academic focus, however are equally keen to promote positive wellbeing and mindfulness.
The selected applicants will have previous SEN experience, especially PMLD and complex needs. You will be working in a class of 5-6 pupils providing 1:1 support. Children are grouped based on age, however there will be varying abilities, with some students being non-verbal, therefore PECs and Makaton are a must. There will also be personal care involved, so manual handling training is required. As well as supporting students academically, you will focus on well-being and social skills. Successful applicants are caring, calm and pro-active with a keen interest in SEN.
For the right person the school are offering excellent pay rates and a state of the art working environment.
Key skills and experience needed:
Experience supporting children with PMLD and complex needs
Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
One to one and small group work
Enthusiasm and friendly approach
Team Teach & Manuel Handling
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Merton. Or for more information about the role, contact Emma Aaron on 0207 845 5450 or email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.