Teaching Assistant - Team Teach trained
Teaching Assistant - Team Teach trained
Are you looking for a temporary to permanent role?
Do you have up to date Team Teach certification?
Are you passionate about working with children with special needs?
Do you want to work in an outstanding school that supports your professional development?
If yes to all those questions, then this is your next role!
Tradewind are recruiting for a Team Teach trained SEND Teaching Assistant to start ASAP on a full time & long term basis at a special needs secondary school in North Manchester for children aged 11-19 with Autism & Complex Needs.
This role will turn permanent after 16 weeks for the right person. Pay up to £90/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEND Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Team Teach behaviour management certification that is still in date.
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate that is on the Update Service (or be happy to apply for a new one).
- Two professional references & Overseas Police Check (only if applicable).
- Provide a CV with full employment & education history including any gaps.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the role:
- Team Teach trained SEND Teaching Assistant for secondary special needs school in North Manchester.
- Full time & long term & expected to turn permanent for the right person after 16 weeks.
- Pay up to £90 per day.
- Supporting pupils aged 11-19 with Autism & Complex Needs.
- You will need to prevent challenging behaviour from occurring by employing appropriate strategies and methods to de-escalate situations before they occur.
- You will need to help recognise each pupils triggers and support them in learning to self-regulate their emotions.
- You must be able to work as a team and support your colleagues through challenging situations.
- You may need to support with elements of personal care such as toileting, feeding, changing, hygiene & moving.
- Great role if you want to make a real different to young peoples' quality of life and life chances!
- Fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenge, learn new skills & enhance your CV, putting you ahead of other candidates for any future roles you apply for!
About the school:
- Secondary SEND school for pupils with Autism & Complex Needs.
- Pupils are aged 11-19.
- Differentiated curriculum to meet individual needs of each pupil & group.
- Groups sizes of no more than 8 pupils to a class.
- Collaborative & supportive team who help each other through challenges.
- Strong focus on inclusion and safety of staff and pupils.
- Great relationships with parents, outside professionals and others schools.
- Access to excellent training opportunities.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 11-19.
- Pupils need support managing emotions & behaviour as well as support with social interactions, life skills, speech & language, sensory understanding and physical needs.
- Most pupils are working on the Engagement Model, EYFS, Reception or KS1. Some are working at a higher level.
- Many pupils have input from outside professionals.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training than any other agency as a result of our exclusive partnership with The National College, giving you FREE access to more than 2,500 online courses that normally cost £50+ each!
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this Team Teach trained SEND Teaching Assistant role in North Manchester & register with Tradewind please click APPLY above or call Graham in the Manchester office on 01616740138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.