Trainee Secondary Teacher
Trainee Secondary Teacher
Do you have a degree? Are you considering a career as a Teacher?
Would you like to gain valuable experience in paid role before completing your training?
Job Title: Trainee Teacher- Secondary School
Salary: £65-90 per day depending on experience.
Contract: Temporary and flexible for part time or full-time hours!
We are looking for degree qualified individuals who are considering a career as a secondary teacher in Bristol!
The Trainee Teacher post is flexible work covering lessons in schools or supporting students on a 121 basis. It is aimed at candidates who intend to apply for a PGCE for the 2021 - 2022 or 2022-23 academic year.
During your time with us on supply, you will carry out the role of a teaching assistant or cover supervisor, and will also have enhanced opportunities to take on small groups and cover or teach some classes in order to develop your confidence and skills in readiness for your PGCE, or just to get a taster of the world of education!
We work with many schools in Bristol who need constant assistant with cover of classes in the absence of their permanent staff member, this would either be leading the class with set lesson plans or working on a 121 basis with students with SEN.
This in an outstanding opportunity to join a successful teaching agency. We are driven by a forward-thinking philosophy and a vibrant, positive culture. We look after our candidates and work hard to find placements that suit your demands, whether that be on a part time or full-time basis! We listen to you learn about you and place you in the best setting for your skill set and knowledge. We offer lots of CPD (continued professional development) and training to give you the knowledge and confidence to start your career in schools!
- Be an inspirational & enthusiastic individual
- Have a minimum 2.2 Degree
- Be an excellent role model who actively promotes the skills, attributes, and behaviour important in a classroom
- Have experience working with young people (preferably but not essential)
- Have the highest expectations of behaviour
- Be committed to working as part of a team
- Be highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you are fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this trainee teacher role you will need to have:
- Have a Degree
- some experience of working with young people is preferred but not essential
- great communication skills
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Trainee Teacher in Bristol, or for more information about the role, contact Ross on 0117 301 7578 / Ross.Churn@twrecruitment.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career in education!
candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.