Tutor - LAC - Manchester
Tutor - LAC - Manchester
Have you taught Maths up to GCSE level before?
This is a Maths Tutor role for someone with QTS and significant experience teaching young people Maths at secondary age or above. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write progress reports each week and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. Typically sessions for each pupil are 2hrs per week but can be more. Tutors will need experience of delivering GCSE level Maths.
Tuition will take place at the pupils home or local library, occasionally tuition may be online. This will be on a 1:1 basis with another adult present.
Young people have a range of needs and abilities. All pupils are Looked After Children and therefore from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds. Many have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. Due to the nature of the pupils safeguarding is of paramount importance. Tutors need to be able to engage with hard to reach pupils quickly using a variety of strategies and methods to help them progress with their learning. Tutors must have strong behaviour management skills, be very resilient to challenging behaviour and adaptable to individual needs. You will need to show dedication and perseverance despite difficult situations.
While often challenging this is a fantastic opportunity to really make a difference to a young person that needs your support. You will have a chance to build a strong relationship with the young person and see their progress more clearly that perhaps you might if you were teaching a group.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.