Year 1 Primary Teacher - Stockport
Year 1 Primary Teacher - Stockport
Are you looking to inspire the next generation of future leaders? Do you feel confident using a continuous provision approach to support pupil progress?
An opportunity has presented to work for a wonderful two-form entry school in central Stockport. This is a full-time Year 1 role which will begin April 2021 and run until at least the end of the academic year. Since the school is larger than average size, there is a possibility of this position being extended, depending on your success in the role. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, a great communicator, team player and have experience teaching in KS1.The school will pay a competitive salary of up to £185 per day that reflects your suitability and experience. NQT's are welcome to apply.
As the Year 1 teacher, you will be working in a two-form, OFSTED rated 'Good' school in central Stockport. The school has made significant progress in reading scores across KS1 and 2 and now look to continue to build on prior successes with an effective action plan in place to support positive outcomes.
About the Role
As the Year 1 teacher, you will be responsible for the progress and attaintment of approximately 30 pupils with a wide range of abilities. You will be required to develop strong pupil relationships based on trust and mutual respect and encourage pupils to make positive choices. Behaviour at this school can be challenging so you will need to initially adopt a firm approach but there is an effective behaviour policy in place which encourages pupils to make good decisions.
As the Year 1 teacher, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Undertake full class teaching responsibilities for a Year 1 class
- Thoroughly plan and deliver engaging tasks that motivate and challenge ranging learners
- Make use of both the indoor and outdoor learning environment and provide activities that support continuous provision allowing children to explore and take risks
- Review, report and reflect on daily practice conducting individual pupil observations and providing written feedback in the form of student portfolios.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the letters and sounds phonics scheme and plan targeted interventions to bridge gaps and support pupils not meeting expectations with additional reading/writing support.
- Communicate effectively with parent/guardians via Class Dojo and use this tool to keep them informed of individual pupil behaviour, homework and school events.
- Contribute to extra-curricular clubs utilising your area of expertise and attend wider school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic school and work alongside a hard-working, driven team of staff. This position would suit a dedicated, enthusiastic Year 1 teacher who is ready for a new challenge and eager to make a strong impact in a KS1. This school is located in central Stockport and therefore benefits from convenient public transport links across wider areas of Manchester. It also has a large, secure on-site car park with spaces available for all working members of staff.
The successful candidate for this Year 1 teaching role will:
- Hold QTS Certification (or an equivalent)
- Have experience teaching in a KS1 setting (Year 1 highly desirable) and be able to provide excellent references that support your previous experience.
- Provide a CV covering the last 10 years employment with no gaps and provide 2 suitable references from your most recent roles in education.
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and overseas police check (if applicable)
- Have a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this fantastic opportunity as a Year 1 teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 0161-674-0138 or alternatively email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.