Year 1 Teacher
Year 1 Teacher
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated educator looking for a fulfilling opportunity to shape the lives of young learners? An exceptional Year 1 Teacher is sought to join a prominent two-form entry school in Dukinfield, Tameside, immediately. The role is initially on a part-time basis (3 days a week) until Christmas but will then become full-time from January until the end of the academic year. This role offers an attractive salary paid to scale in line with full-teaching responsibilities and a commitment to the school.
Nestled in Dukinfield, Tameside, this school is renowned for its commitment to fostering inquisitive, tolerant, and knowledge-rich young citizens. The curriculum is thoughtfully designed, placing children at its core to help them reach their fullest potential.
Year 1 Teacher - The successful teacher will be responsible for an average sized class of around 30 mixed ability pupils. You will be expected to use adaptive teaching methods to differentiate learning in order to ensure all children achieve their potential. Classes are well staffed with Teaching assistants and have extensive resources in which to supplement learning.
The school delivers a progressive and inspiring curriculum which ensures that when a child leaves the school, they carry with them not only academic knowledge but a sense of boundless possibilities. . In literacy, the pupils focus on the Read Write Inc phonics scheme to support reading and writing and teach maths systematically with daily skills surrounding number expectation which support school wide progression. The curriculum focuses on three key drivers:
- Encouraging pupils to dream big and build aspirations.
- Cultivating hope and excitement for their future lives.
- Instilling pride in heritage and local history.
- Cultural Capital
- Empowering students with essential core knowledge, enabling them to appreciate the richness of human creativity and achievement.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a wonderschool, supportive community and make an impact in KS1.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, please submit email your CV to Charlotte.email@example.com or call Charlotte on 01616740138 for more information.
- QTS or an equivalent teaching qualification (If overseas)
- Experience in the primary classroom, KS1 (essential) Year 1 (Highly desirable)
- Be able to provide your two most recent references which demonstrate your competency in the classroom
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check
The Benefits of Working with Tradewind
- Your income matters; we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters; we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters; we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts and permanent positions all available, all local to you
- Your wellbeing matters; we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.