Year 1 Teacher - Stockport
Year 1 Teacher - Stockport
Tradewind are looking to appoint an outstanding Year 1 teacher who is driven, determined and passionate about transforming educational outcomes at a Primary level.
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work full-time in a Year 1 class in a lovely school in Stockport. This role will begin May 2021, will run until the end of the summer term and with the school looking to expand, the role may potentially be extended into the new academic year, depending on your success in the role. The school are looking to appoint an individual who has strong subject knowledge and a secure understanding of age-related expectations. The school will accept applications from NQT's and will pay a competitive salary of £125-£185 per day that will reflect your suitability and experience.
About the school:
The school is located in central Stockport and was recently graded 'Good' by OFSTED with the report highlighting school wide progress in reading and writing. The school's success has been largely due to a strong leadership team who have a shared school vision in which to maximise educational potential within a rich, diverse, curriculum that is exciting, engaging and inspiring.
About the role:
As the Year 1 class teacher, you will be required to undertake full class teaching responsibilities and comply with behaviour management, assessment and safeguarding policies. This is a mixed ability class so the successful candidate will need to differentiate lessons to meet the needs of individual learners and experience with SEND (specifically autism and ADHD) will be hugely advantageous. You will also be joined by a full-time learning support assistant.
As the Year 1 teacher, you will be required to:
- Complete detailed plans that align with National Curriculum Standards and have a secure knowledge and understanding of age-related expectations
- Deliver engaging lessons that support real life learning and allow for creativity in the classroom
- Review, record and report on pupil performance analysing data to determine both progression and regression addressing ways in which to raise educational attainment
- Plan targeted interventions in literacy, numeracy and phonics to bridge gaps in learning and accelerate pupil progress
- Use ICT effectively to enhance learning opportunities
- Liaise with the SENCO to evaluate individual pupil progress and the effectiveness or intervention plans
- Work well as part of a team as well as lead in your own expert area sharing advice, resources and be open-minded to adapting practice to strengthen educational outcomes
- Carefully monitor pupil's personal, social and emotional wellbeing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic school and work alongside a hard-working, driven team of staff. The school believes a strong partnership between home and school is the best foundation for a positive, successful education
The school is well connected to Manchester City Centre and benefits from a large on-site staff car park that is free to be utilised by all members of staff.
To be successful in this Year 1 teaching role, you will:
- Hold QTS Certification (or an equivalent teaching qualification)
- Have experience teaching in a KS1 setting (Year 1 - highly desirable).
- Be able to provide excellent references that support primary teaching in KS1
- Have an updated DBS and a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great opportunity as a Year 1 Teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 0161-674-0138 or alternatively email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.