Year 2 Teaching Assistant
Year 2 Teaching Assistant
Year 2 Teaching Assistant Required at an Oldham Primary School
Tradewind Recruitment is currently recruiting on behalf of a one form entry Primary School in Lees, Oldham to start in April 2021 and is a long term permanent contract. This is a full-time, long-term role with a salary of £65.00-£75.00 per day.
I am currently working with a primary school in Oldham who, due to a maternity leave starting in Arpil 2021, needs a Year 2 teaching assistant for the rest of the academic year and there will be an opportunity to take a permanent contract.
About the school
The primary school has recently been graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted and the school is looking for a KS1 teaching assistant to carry on the excellent provision. The staff and governors of this school have a very clear vision of inclusive education in which every child is encouraged to succeed and does so thanks to the school broad, balanced and enriching curriculum and our extensive range of free-to-all extra-curricular activities.
The school is a small one-form entry primary school at the heart of the local community. The school has a well-established headteacher who is built a great team ethos and culture across the whole school. Having placed several teaching assistant into the school, the feedback has been brilliant, and this is a school you will enjoy working in.
This Oldham primary school is often described by others as a "family school". The staff believe that by developing an understanding of their pupils and creating an ethos of respect for others their children are better equipped to achieve their personal best as individuals.
The school is based in Lees, Oldham and is accessible via car or bus.
About the role
This primary school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work within their KS1 department, mainly within the schools Year 2 class. The successful candidate must have excellent behaviour management and a good knowledge of the KS1 National Curriculum.
The role itself will involve supporting the class teacher within Year 2, helping with the delivery of the National Curriculum. You will be required to work with the whole class or with small groups, working with phonics, Literacy and Numeracy, as well as helping with personal, social and emotional development of the students.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this position, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.