Year 5 Teacher
Year 5 Teacher
Are you a dedicated teacher seeking a new and exciting role? Do you want to demonstrate your innovative nature within a creative curriculum and make a strong impact within KS2?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work in a 'Good' two-form entry school in a vibrant area of Bredbury, Stockport. This is full-time class teacher role in Year 5 beginning January 2024 and will run until the end of the academic year. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful school and become part of a supportive team who consistently strive to enhance teaching and learning experiences in order to raise educational outcomes. The school will pay a competitive salary of up to £200 per day and will welcome applications from ECT's as well as more experienced teachers.
About the School
The school has high expectations of children and believes there are no limits on learning. A strong commitment to work in partnerships with parents, carers and the local community ensures a high quality education is accessible for all. Offering a creative and inclusive curriculum, the school aims to maximise every learning opportunity with a strong focus on Maths and English. An extensive extra-curricular programme is offered providing opportunities to develop skills, self-confidence and key attitudes such as respect, resilience and sportsmanship which will equip children to be successful in society.
About the Role
As the Year 5 teacher, you will be responsible for the progress and development of approximately 30 pupils. This is a high ability class so pupils will need to be challenged to working in greater depth and engage in critical thinking skills. There is a small percentage of SEND pupils in the class; experience with autism and ADHD will be beneficial but not essential and you will also benefit from a full-time TA who is experienced in Y5 and very familiar with the curriculum.
As the Year 5 teacher, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the Year 5 curriculum and undertake full class teaching responsibilities
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils and create a community where pupils feel confident partaking
- Thoroughly plan and deliver engaging lessons that motivate and challenge learners as well as stimulate curiosity and encourage learning beyond the classroom
- Use a range of assessment strategies to review, report and reflect on daily practice to inform future planning and improve educational outcomes
- Adopt the schools marking policy by providing time for pupils to reflect on their work and complete action points to consolidate or extend learning
- Ensure activities are relevant, meaningful and encourage children to think critically
- Utilise innovative approaches that cater for visual, audio and kinaesthetic learning preferences
- Create a collaborative classroom where pupils are encouraged to work in teams as well as individuals.
To be successful in this Year 5 teaching role:
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The school is driven by a strong leadership team who work together to achieve desired goals. Behaviour at this school is good due to the implementation of consistent structures within an effective behaviour policy. You will be joining a cohesive and committed team who are hard-working, dedicated to their role and support one another by sharing advice, resources, and classroom successes.
If you feel you meet the criteria and can excel in this Year 5 role in Bredbury, Stockport or would like to hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.