Year 5 Teacher - Tameside
Year 5 Teacher - Tameside
Are you a reflective practitioner with a secure knowledge and understanding of the KS2 curriculum? Would you to support pupil development and rise to new challenges? Tradewind are recruiting!
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work in a Year 5 class in a 'Good' two-form entry school in Stockport. This is full-time class teacher role in Year 5 beginning September 2021 and will run until the end of the academic year. The school are looking to appoint an experienced KS2 teacher who has secure subject knowledge, liaises well with parents and rises to new challenges. The school will pay a competitive salary to reflect your suitability and experience, regrettably, on this occasion the school are unable to appoint an NQT.
About the Role:
As the Year 5 teacher, you will be responsible for the progress of approximately 30 pupils. The children are of mixed ability so the ability to differentiate learning to challenge learners at ranging levels will be crucial to your success. There is a small percentage of EAL learners in the class and an autistic child who has a full-time learning support assistant. The successful candidate will be required to employ a range of strategies that meet individual needs and requirements and provide every child with the opportunity to learn, develop and succeed.
As the Year 5 teacher, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Undertake full class teaching responsibilities for a year 5 class.
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils based on mutual respect and encourage a sense of ownership and accountability of learning
- Demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the Year 5 curriculum
- Thoroughly plan and deliver engaging lessons that motivate and challenge learners as well as stimulate curiosity and encourage learning beyond the classroom
- Monitor personal, social and emotional wellbeing and communicate effectively with families
- Ensure activities are relevant, meaningful and prepare children to be global citizens of the future
- Utilise innovative approaches that cater for visual, audio and kinesthetic learning preferences
- Use a range of assessment strategies to review, report and reflect on daily practice to inform future planning and improve educational outcomes.
The school is driven by a strong leadership team who work together to achieve desired goals. Behaviour at this school is very good due to the implementation of effective school-wide structures and the school is highly-popular within the local community as a due to forming strong relationships with local families. You will be joining a cohesive and committed team who are hard-working, dedicated to their role and you will benefit from high quality CPD opportunities to support best practice.
The school is based in central Tameside with excellent transport links and benefits from a large, car park with spaces available for all working members of staff.
To be successful in this Year 5 teaching role:
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as a Year 5 Teacher in Tameside, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.