Tradewind are recruiting for a Youth Worker / Learning Mentor for a secondary Alternative Provision in Salford!
Have you worked with young people as a Youth Worker, Learning Mentor or similar?
Have you supported young people that sometimes display challenging behaviour?
This is a full time and long term role starting on 8th March with the potential to turn permanent. Pay up to £75/day.
This a Youth Worker / Learning Mentor role that typically requires pastoral and vocational support of young people in the setting however as this is a secondary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) there will also be an element of learning and academic support so they need a Youth Worker / Learning Mentor with prior experience of supporting young people with this as well.
The setting caters for young people outside of mainstream education aged 11-16. There are 3 main sites in Salford however the role will be located at their site in Pendleton. They are a busy provision with links to many schools which refer pupils to them. The staff team is well skilled to support young people from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds and those with challenging behaviour. They are very supportive and treat agency staff just like their permanent staff. Sometimes long term roles there have the opportunity to turn in to permanent contracts for the right people. As they are centrally located there are excellent public transport links. There is a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere with staff having excellent relationships with young people.
Pupils at this site are a mix of ages, abilities and backgrounds. They look after young people with Social, Emotional & Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH), ADHD, autism, Attachment Disorder, ODD and a variety of other needs. Many young people are Looked After Children (LAC), in the care system, and many display either verbal or physical aggression at times.
With this in mind the right person will have excellent behaviour management skills, will be able to build rapport with pupils quickly and connect with them on their level using their interests as a means to do this. They will need to be able to set clear and consistent boundaries and act as a mentor and positive role model. People with vocational skills in areas such as sports, ICT, music etc would be a great bonus but not essential.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this special needs Youth Worker / Learning Mentor role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.