Have you supported young people from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds?
Do you have a natural ability to build strong relationships with young people quickly?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Youth Worker / Learning Mentor for a secondary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Salford. Starting as soon as possible on a full time and long term basis and could turn permanent for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this Youth Worker / Learning Mentor role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
This is a Youth Worker / Learning Mentor role that requires pastoral, emotional and behavioural support of young people in the setting however as this is a secondary PRU there will also be an element of learning and academic support so they need a Youth Worker the ability to support in class with formal subjects as well.
The setting caters for young people outside of mainstream education aged 11-16. They have small groups of no more than 8 pupils per class. Many of the pupls don't engage well with formal subjects so they follow an alternative curriculum that is designed to meet their needs and help prepare them for life after education or help them to re-integrate in to mainstream school if possible. They deliver ASDAN subjects as well.
All young people are aged 11-16 and they have an EHCP for Social, Emotional & Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH) as well as associated needs such as ADHD, autism, Attachment Disorder, ODD and a variety of other needs. Many young people are Looked After Children (LAC) in the care system, and many display either verbal or physical aggression at times which will need to be managed using de-escalation techniques and preventative measures to ensure that challenging situations don't occur frequently.
With this in mind the new Youth Worker / Learning Mentor will have excellent behaviour management skills, will be able to build rapport with pupils quickly and connect with them on their level using their interests as a means to do this. They will need to be able to set clear and consistent boundaries and act as a mentor and positive role model. People with vocational skills in areas such as sports, ICT, music, construction, art etc would be a great bonus but not essential.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.