We have many vacancies available for nursery workers, also known as nursery nurses, at pre-schools and nurseries around the UK. Working with pre-school children, from birth to five years of age, and sometimes older, nursery nurses are responsible for ensuring they are cared for in safe and secure environment. let our team of experts help you find your dream school nursery jobs.
The role of nursery nurse can be extremely rewarding, and is ideal for people who enjoy working with very young children and helping them develop in a positive environment.
Nursery nurses may be expected to do the following as part of their work:
- Encouraging young children’s development
- Feeding and changing babies and very young children
- Creating a safe, secure and child-friendly environment
- Using play to impart information to children
- Teaching basic skills, such as language skills and hygiene
- Meeting with parents and carers
- Keeping records of children’s progress
Desirable qualities as a nursery nurse include:
- Positive, friendly nature
- Common sense
- Awareness of health & safety and hygiene regulations
- Good communication skills
There are no strict requirements for qualifications for nursery nurses, however, there are courses which can provide training and increase the likelihood of employment, such as:
- NVQ in Children's Care, Learning and Development
- BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development
- CACHE Diploma in Child Care and Education
Many education establishments may insist on basic qualifications such as GCSEs, and all will expect applicants to undergo background checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure they can work with young children. We have friendly staff in our offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Hull, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Preston, Sheffield and more, ready to help you kick start your career.