Here at Tradewind Recruitment, we offer a wide variety of different Nursery Jobs in Preston. The range we offer varies from junior roles to higher positioned roles to cater to all levels of candidates. Tradewind Recruitment can help you find the perfect nursery job in Preston and across Lancashire.
Nurseries need individuals who love working with children, have plenty of energy and a mature mentality. You will be working with a selection of different infants, having your children to carefully analyse their behaviour and learning development. These children will be gaining the knowledge they need to start school.
You will be responsible for making creative activities for the children, ensuring they are engaging. You’ll receive a lot of vital experience within a nursery role. You will be able to grow as a person and be able to expand your management skills. These skills will be needed in future even if you change job sectors. Tradewind Recruitment can offer a wide variety of nursery jobs in Preston. Get in touch today!
Some roles of working in a Nursery
- Create development programmes for key children making sure their files are kept up-to-date.
- Undertake domestic tasks such as cleaning equipment and making snacks for the children.
- Liaise with parents and managers regarding children’s development.
- Take part in staff training days and staff meetings.
- Provide a caring learning environment for the children to develop their skills.
There are many different qualifications that you can gain. However, it isn’t necessarily a must-have among some nurseries. Depending on the nursery you might not need any qualifications if your background education is good and you have the relevant work experience. Higher roles within Nurseries may require you to have a qualification.
Requirements for a Nursery Worker
- Work experience with infants who were five years old or younger.
- Have a good quality of previous education with GCSE qualifications (A* - C for the core subjects).
- A DBS check will need to be carried out to make sure you don’t have any criminal records and making sure you are safe to work with children.
How to get my dream Nursery Job
To get a nursery job, you must either have experience or a relevant qualification. To improve your chances why not have both? Having work experience shows you have hands-on experience in the workplace, and having the right qualifications will also give you an edge to show that you have studied in the particular area of work, even if your employer isn’t looking for anyone with a qualification it looks good on your CV. To give you the edge over other applicants why not check out some of these qualifications: BTEC in Nursery Nursing, Level 2 Early Years Education & Childcare qualification, Level 3 Diploma in Pre-School Practice or the National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB) Diploma.
At Tradewind Recruitment we regularly run different workshops that can help you land your nursery job in Preston, or anywhere around the UK. Get in touch with us for more information. We have dedicated offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Hull, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Preston, Sheffield and more, who are here to help.