SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Do you have a natural ability to engage young children at primary age?
Have you got experience of dealing with challenging behaviour?
Tradewind are recruiting for an SEMH Teaching Assistant for a Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Salford. This is a full time and long term role starting on 19th April with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment or education history and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The role is working as an SEMH Teaching Assistant at a Primary PRU in the Salford area. You will be supporting pupils in upper KS2 at age 10 and 11. You will be required to support pupils in class, on trips and in 1:1 interventions. There will be an element of academic support as well as providing the pupils with emotional and pastoral support. You will also need to monitor in class behaviour and behaviour in the communal areas such as halls and outdoor play areas. Some pupils will be getting ready to transition to secondary education so you may need to assist them with transition days to their new school. You will need to work closely with the class teacher to make sure that all pupils are on task, the environment is safe and welcoming and help prepare and deliver any tasks and activities.
The provision is rated GOOD by Ofsted and has a strong reputation in the local community and with other local schools that sometimes refer their pupils that are non-attenders or permanently excluded. They have a warm and welcoming environment that is very child centred and set up with appropriate spaces and resources to meet the needs of their pupils. Classes are small of no more than 10 pupils to a class. They follow the national curriculum where possible and have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve particularly for those moving in to secondary education at the end of the year however many pupils are working at lower levels than their peers in mainstream. The school's management are very supportive of all staff and provide plenty of opportunities for training, preparation and peer mentoring so that the whole team is pulling together to benefit their young people.
Pupils all have an EHCP for a range of needs including SEMH and associated difficulties such as ADHD, ODD, autism, attachment disorder and other challenging behaviours. They can sometimes display physical or verbal aggression so the new SEMH Teaching Assistant will need to have strong behaviour management skills and need to be resilient to challenging situations and not take things personally. You will need to persevere to make progress with each young person. You will need to act as a trusted adult and positive role model while providing consistent boundaries. Ideally you will be trained in Team Teach de-escalation & positive handling techniques however this is not essential and could be provided at a later stage.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register with Tradewind for this SEMH Teaching Assistant role in Salford, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.