SEN Learning Facilitator
SEN Learning Facilitator
Do you want to support young adults with significant obstacles to learning to help them become active citizens and improve their life chances?
Tradewind is recruiting for a SEN Learning Facilitator for a special school & college in Salford.
About the role:
- SEN Learning Facilitator for a special needs school and college in Salford.
- Start date - ASAP
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- You will be required to support a student on a 1:1 basis with Complex Needs including hearing impairment. You will need to support with note taking and scribing as well as pastoral and emotional support. They are a wheelchair user so you will need to support with moving around college.
- Ideally you will have some experience or training in Moving & Handling.
- Providing nurturing and caring support for the students physical, emotional, behavioural and learning needs.
- Previous experience as a SEN Learning Facilitator, SEN Learning Mentor, SEN Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker required.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school is highly organised and staff are well supported and trained to meet expectations.
- They have a strong focus on working collaboratively and sharing their talents across the school.
- Diversity & achievements are celebrated and self-esteem and mutual respect and fostered throughout.
- Curriculum is wide ranging, multi-sensory and tailored to meet individual needs.
About the pupils:
- Students are aged 16-25 and have an EHCP for SEN with including SLD, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support and therefore training or experience in Moving & Handling is ideal.
- Many pupils have physical needs and will require Personal Care.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- Pupil behaviour is excellent and this really contributes to their learning progress.
- The new SEN Learning Facilitator will need to be empathetic, adaptable, resilient and patient.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Learning Facilitator role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.