SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
The ideal Teaching Assistant will be experienced supporting students with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). ideally be local to the Hillingdon area and keen to make a difference in the lives of students with SEN needs. This Teaching Assistant role involves working 1:1 with Secondary Students with SEN needs. You must be a TA who takes an inclusive and valuing approach to SEN support to succeed in this role.
Students requiring your support are aged 11-19 years old with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASC) and Profound and Multiple Learning difficulties (PMLD). Teaching Assistants provide essential support to students, helping with communication, building independence, community involvement and academic support. Most classes at working to EYFS and Primary foundations of learning.
If you are experienecd with SEN support and available to start now, please get in touch. The management team at this school are supportive and forward thinking. You will work within a well resourced setting and have access to the multidisciplinary team who provide specific interventions for each student.
For the right person who wishes to join the school long term, there are incredible development opportunities through this school as they have the support of a large academy trust, with many other SEN schools under the academy umbrella. The trust places an emphasis on employing passionate staff who take pride in delivering exemplary support and educational opportunities to SEN students.
The Teaching Assistant would:
* Work part time on Monday and Tuesday with a class of 8 students with SEN needs
* Be creative and able to differentiat work to support students learning needs
* Understand and use visual and non-verbal strategies to support communication
* Have a strong understanding of EHCPs and each students' needs
* Work alongside 2-3 other classroom Teaching Assistants and a class Teacher
* Implement therapies set by the multi-disciplinary therapy team
* Be experienced within an SEN School setting, ideally with PMLD and SLD learners
The school has:
* Been OFSTED rated Outstanding
* Around 70 pupils aged 11-19 years old
* Purpose built spaces for students with PMLD, Autism and multi-sensory needs
* An excellent ICT provision with touch computers and access to tablets for most pupils
* Hydrotherapy pool and hoist
* An extremely well-staffed SEN provision with Creative Therapists, Occupational Therapists, an educational psychologist and a physiotherapist.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching role you will need to:
* Hold an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as an SEN Teaching Assistant in Hillingdon, London or for more information about the role, contact Jade George on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£70 - £90 per day + negotiable
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60 - £65 per day
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.