SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Manchester is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant!
Do you want to work in a special school? Have you got previous experience supporting pupils with SEN.
Tradewind Manchester is currently looking for a caring and considerate SEN Teaching Assistant, to join a great Primary Special School in Trafford, to start after Feb half term. This is a full time, long-term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £75 a day.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school
The School is a primary special school with state of the art facilities designed with the specific needs of their pupils in mind. It has sensory rooms, studios, a gym, bespoke outdoor areas designed for those with disabilities and an indoor soft play area. The school is committed to utilising these facilities to the full, and provides a wide ranging, interesting and fun curriculum for their pupils. They are rated GOOD by Ofsted and they comment on the warm welcome and nurturing environment that pupils receive. Staff and parents are really positive about the school and managements ability to provide a fun, safe and progressive learning environment.
The school is centrally located in Trafford and therefore has really good transport links by car, bus or train.
About the role
The role is for a full time and long term SEN Teaching Assistant. This will involve working with pupils with both high and low functioning Autism, Complex Needs and some challenging behaviours. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties so some experience supporting in this area would be advantageous. Knowledge of how to use PECS is also required.
You will need to show patience, empathy and perseverance in order to build strong relationships with pupils over time so that you can help them progress academically, physically, socially and emotionally. This is a great opportunity to make a difference to pupils who need our support the most.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email a
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.