Special needs Teaching Assistant
Special needs Teaching Assistant
There are several pupils in KS1 who require support with moderate learning difficulties and who need support from someone who is confident handling mildly challenging behaviour.
What are the school looking for?
- Passion for working with young children with Learning Difficulties
- Confident and self-assured Teaching Assistant with a passion for working with moderate learning difficulties
- Good team player displaying plenty of initiative
- Previous experience working 1:1 or in small groups with children with SEN needs.
- Patient and empathetic individual
The school has a large team of SEN Teaching Assistants who all help each other out and typically remain at the school for long periods, so a very good opportunity for the right person.
The Headteacher takes pride in ensuring all staff and pupils are engaged and happy in their work, the SLT are very supportive and offer numerous training and development opportunities. Classes are made up of pupils form diverse cultural backgrounds which provides a rich and engaging learning environment. The school also boast excellent resources and they are fortunate to have plenty of open spaces.
They have fantastic transport links and serviced by numerous bus routes, along with also having onsite parking.
- To join Tradewind and be successful in this SEN TA role you will need to:
- Experience and knowledge of children and/or young people with moderate learning difficulties
- Previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant either in mainstream or special provision
- Able to manage mildly challenging behaviour and build relationships with SEN children
- Firm but fair approach to discipline
- Able to commit to a long-term role starting immediately
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click "Apply Now" to get your application started for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant in Surrey or for more information you can contact Charlotte Chilton on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.