Teacher of Psychology
Teacher of Psychology
September 2021 Start
London Fringe salary
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an outstanding independent secondary Boys school in Surrey.
The school prides itself on providing a caring atmosphere for students of all abilities to thrive. They also strive to keep class sizes low in a bid to provide the support structure many students require. Many of their students go on to attend the top Universities.
The school is looking for a qualified, committed and inspiring teacher who is prepared to play a part in the teaching and promotion of Psychology at A Level. They currently follow the AQA. In addition to enthusiasm for the subject, the successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to offer imaginative and well-structured lessons across the age and ability range.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues.
- Show initiative in accepting responsibility including contribution to the ever evolving schemes of work.
- Monitor and record students' progress in accordance with departmental and school policies.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly departmental meetings.
- Contribute to the development of departmental resources.
- Keep an oversight of the work and progress of pupils, especially those who are gifted or have specific learning needs.
- Be keen to develop themselves through INSET and CPD programmes.
- Be active in exploring innovative ways of delivering ICT through Psychology and in promoting independent learning.
- Make themselves available to assist students outside of lesson time and be willing to contribute to Psychology clinics and clubs.
- Review and analyse own teaching performance, working closely with the Subject Lead.
- Evaluate results in public examinations and feed back to the Subject Lead.
- To get involved in and organise extra-curricular (after school) activities.
- To ensure effective teaching, professional vision and knowledge.
- To assist in reviewing syllabi proposed by Awarding Bodies and ensure curriculum matches the syllabi.
- To develop schemes of work within the framework of the School and the requirements of examination boards, working collaboratively with the whole team.
- To prepare teaching resources in collaboration with the members of the department.
- To work with the ICT Department in assisting with teaching and learning in the lower schools.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Good honours degree
- QTS or PGCE
- Experience of teaching A Level Psychology to a good standard
- Good examination results achieved by pupils taught
- Experience of leading and organising extra-curricular activities
- Ability to research and develop the departments current ICT resources
- Ability to use a variety of teaching and learning styles
- Outstanding planning and management skills
- Effective time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to communicate an infectious enthusiasm for the subject
- Ability to motivate young people
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of ICT to support and extend classroom practice and to extend learning
- Ability to motivate pupils build high performance team-based environments
- Ability to design, deliver and assess an effective scheme of work, including the creation of relevant teaching and assessment resources
- Thorough understanding of public examination syllabi and assessment objectives
- Commitment to teaching and learning and a willingness to embrace innovation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate boundaries with children and young people and emotioal resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility and show initiative
- Commitment to the school ethos and the whole school initiatives
- Flexibility and a sense of humour
For more information or to apply for this September Psychology post, please submit your CV today and contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 845 5450 with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.