Here at Tradewind Recruitment, we offer a wide variety of Nursery Jobs in London. We have a range of different nursery jobs to suit everyone, whether you are a junior or an experienced professional. Not only do we provide nursery positions in London, but we also provide a full range of teaching jobs London and the UK. With the help of Tradewind Recruitment kick-start your nursery career today!
Having a nursery job consists of working as part of a team and caring for children of a young age up to five years old. You will be working alongside parents and carers giving children the best possible care and working in a stimulating environment for their early learning development. You’ll be ensuring the children have fun while learning. A benefit of having a nursery job is seeing babies of a young age learn and develop and grow up into children. This career path is ideal for people who love working with infants and young children, monitoring their progression as they grow up and support their essential learning.
The experience you gain when going into a Nursery Job will allow your doors to open in the future; it might even allow you to become a teacher in the future. You will be furthering your knowledge, not just the children’s! Let Tradewind help you find a Nursery Job in London today.
Job role of Nursery Assistants
- Contribute to a development programme for each child, suitable for the age range of children under your care.
- Liaise with parents during parent’s evenings and participate in training days, staff meetings, etc.
- Provide a warm and comfortable environment for all children to develop their learning skills.
- Work alongside your manager to ensure the Nursery’s policies are met and contribute a high standard of physical, emotional and intellectual care for children.
What Qualifications do I need to work in a nursery
With manager level nursery jobs you will need a full and relevant qualification such as the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce. Having a good level of general education is highly important, you’ll need to have GCSE’s graded A* to C, especially English and Maths. By law, most people within the nursery environment need to hold a valid childcare qualification, which means nurseries can look for a mix of qualified and unqualified candidates.
Requirements of a Nursery Assistant
- Have experience working with children at the age range you want to work with – preferably under five years old.
- Have a good level of GCSE level qualifications, in particular for the core subjects, Maths, English, and Science.
- DBS checks are a must and will be carried out to make sure you can work with children.
What can I do to improve my chances of getting a Nursery Job?
If you don’t have experience working with children, it is highly recommended you volunteer and gain experience with children under the age of five. There are plenty of different qualifications you can take; it helps you to have a qualification under your belt and on your CV. Here is a list of just a few qualifications that will help you land a job: BTEC in Nursery Nursing, National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB) Diploma, Level 3 Diploma in Pre-School Practice, Level 2 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification, NVQ in the suitable sector. Having a First Aid Qualification and Basic Food & Hygiene Certifications are also desired.
At Tradewind Recruitment, we run regular workshops that will help you land your dream job in London, or anywhere in the UK, so be sure to get in touch to get more information. We have dedicated offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Hull, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Preston, Sheffield and more, who are here to help.